23 July 2008

I'll Not Turn Back

In response to an incident that took place in my family last night, I'll make this public statement to all and sundry. I hereby recommit my family back to Christ and state that "as for Me and My House we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24: 15

If crosses come, if it should cost me dearly,
To be the servant of my servant Lord,
If darkness falls around the path of duty,
And men despise the Saviour I’ve adored.

I’ll not turn back, whatever it may cost,
I’m called to live, to love and save the lost,
I’ll not turn back, whatever it may cost,
I’m called to live, to love and save the lost.

If doors should close then other doors will open,
The word of God can never be contained.
His love cannot be finally frustrated,
By narrow minds or prison bars restrained.

It tears should fall, if I am called to suffer,
If all I love men should deface, defame,
I’ll not deny the One that I have followed,
Nor be ashamed to bear my Master’s name.

(John Gowans)

No comments: