13 June 2009

Prayer Changes Things


A few very powerful quotations on the subject of prayer, discovered as part of my devotions and reading over this weekend:

"God will do nothing except in answer to prayer." - John Wesley
"Bear up the hands that hang down, by faith and prayer, support the tottering knees. Have you any days of fasting and prayer? Storm the Throne of Grace and persevere therein, and mercy will come down." - John Wesley
"Groanings which cannot be uttered are often prayers which cannot be refused." - Charles Spurgeon
"You must pray with all your might. That does not mean saying your prayers, or sitting gazing about in church or chapel with eyes wide open while someone else says them for you. It means fervent, effectual, untiring wrestling with God...This kind of prayer, be sure, the devil and the world and your own indolent, unbelieving nature will oppose. They will pour water on this flame." - William Booth
"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go". - Abraham Lincoln
"All I know is that when I pray, coincidences happen; and when I don't pray, they don't happen". - Dan Hayes

I'm still praying.


:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to know that we have a great God that answers prayer. However we also have to accept the way in which He answers them, which may not be in the way we would have first hoped!

I'm still following! Every blessing
Lisa