23 July 2009

Love

1 Corinthians 13: 1-3 (New International Version)
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

The imagery of 'moving a mountain' in my own life has been an increasingly regular theme within my devotions lately, and it's now starting to crop up in meetings, so I know this is an important concept for me to grasp. I know that God can do anything, so the movement of mountains within my own life should not be an issue. God can do it, I believe he can. I'm taking this thought with me when I go off to SAFE this coming Saturday, stepping out in faith once more, pushing the boundaries of my comfort zone. No matter what I do, if I have God's love, I can face anything with certainty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Colin, with Gods love we can do and face anything! Have a great time at the weekend. I hope it is a time of rich blessing for you.

Lisa

Colin Machan said...

Then I should be doubly blessed. I'm there for a week!

Thanks for reading
C