11 September 2009

Enhance Your Calm!

The title to today's blog comes from one of those self-help books you sometimes see on the bookshelves. Whenever I hear it, I always think of the movie 'Demolition Man', the SF action movie starring Sylvester Stallone and Sandra Bullock. Set in the near future, it depicts a sanitised world where they speak to each other in aphorisms, like the one above. "Be well..."

I'm endeavouring at the moment to do just that - to keep cheerful at all costs, to "enhance my calm”. There's plenty of things going on in my life at the moment, and to stay on track to where I need to get to I've got to stay focused on the task at hand. And that's means staying positive, sometimes against all odds. However, on some days this seems to be an uphill struggle!

What's seems to be your boggle? :)

John 14:27 (New International Version)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

No comments: