29 October 2009

Weakness

2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (NIV)
8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.
9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


This extract from Paul's letter to the believers in Corinth, talking about his 'thorn in my flesh' speaks volumes to me today, as I write this I'm feeling quite weak and lousy. I think I might have one of the bugs that have been buzzing around. Now, I'm not comparing in any way Paul's thorn to my minor bug, however I hate being prevented to do what I want to do by ill-health. Why does it have to happen to me when I get a week off?

God is good. And uses all opportunities to teach us...

No comments: