24 December 2009

Soldiership - part nine: Covenant

"I now call upon all present to witness that I enter into this covenant and sign these articles of war of my own free will, convinced that the love of Christ, who died and now lives to save me, requires from me this devotion of my life to His service for the salvation of the whole world; and therefore do here declare my full determination, by God's help, to be a true soldier of The Salvation Army."

I hope you have been encouraged by my personal insight into soldiership in The Salvation Army, a covenant agreement which I signed way back in 1988 and am still happy to accept today... Perhaps you have been challenged by some of the things mentioned in this short series - if so, why not talk it through with a Salvationist? You might even want to get in touch with me; drop me an email, chat things through... after all, as a 'seeker after truth', perhaps we can discover some truth together...

I hope you will have a happy Christmas.

1 comment:

Andrew Bale said...

Thoroughly enjoyed this series on soldiership, you ought to expand it and send it to The Salvationist as a series of short artilces.

Grace and peace, A