5 March 2010

Let Me Help - part two

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words over I love you."
quotation from Star Trek - The City on the Edge of Forever (1967)

I like to think that both of these phrases - 'I love you' and 'let me help' - are both expressions of love. However, just because one person may reject our offer of assistance does not mean we are of little or no use - just as one person's rejection of love does not mean we are unlovable.

The solution? Once again, it centres on our relationship with Christ. It's allowing Christ to walk with you, to walk through the disappointments in life with a day-to-day knowledge of His provision for us. Yes, as believers we can be rejected, however at least we are trying to help. There are many that you meet who don't try at all! As a Christian, I have a choice to allow that rejection - a pothole on the path of life - to upset your progress, even to wound you; or you can choose to pick yourself up and move forward in God's grace. And also to remember that forgiveness of others and of self is also a gift to us, given from Christ Himself.
Ephesians 4:32 (New International Version)
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

No comments: