28 March 2010

Ticking Time Bomb of Fury


"... I am a ticking time bomb of fury..."
Mr Furious (Ben Stiller) - from 'Mystery Men' (1999)

The oblique reference referred to above is an appropriate one to start what will be a rather cryptic blog entry for me. In the course of just over a year I have tackled some quite personal issues within this blog - as well as some light-hearted or trivial ones. It's been a very useful discipline, giving me the opportunity to sound off on some subjects that are important to me. It's noteworthy, then, to report that I've reached a point where I need to stop and deal with an issue that's got to be addressed - it's one that's not so easy to talk or blog about, it's getting just a bit too personal. In fact I'm not too sure where I should go next with this.

As it is Holy Week, I'm taking this time to sign off for a little while to reflect on and pray about my own personal 'ticking time bomb of fury'. This should give us a few days to attempt to defuse it before it goes off. Again.

No comments: