11 August 2010

L is for Lily Allen

"I want to be rich and I want lots of money
I don't care about clever, I don't care about funny"

Of all the current artists that receive airplay on the radio, it's Lily Allen's music that I am most often drawn. I am quite taken by her unique style of singing. The daughter of actor-comedian Keith Allen and film producer  Alison Owen, Lily has earned her own place in history, learning her craft through both singing and by learning a variety of different instruments.

Her works seem to capture something special, real life conveyed in song, however be warned - she's very up front and pulls no punches. My personal favourite is "The Fear", which is the tale of a young girl who is coming to realise that the allure of wealth and fame still leaves her empty. Also check out "22",  “Smile” and “Alfie”.

No comments: