21 August 2010

V is for Variety

"Someone show me a way to get outta here,
'cause I constantly pray I'll get outta here
Please, won't somebody say I'll get outta here
Someone gimme my shot or I'll rot here..."

Variety in this context refers to entertainment made up from a huge range of musical styles and types. I don't necessarily follow one type, preferring to see whether the music moves me personally before adding this to my favourites. 

One aspect that I haven't touched on in this A-Z list so far have been musicals, which is of course a broad genre of its own. Just think about the sheer variety in just this category - there are SF and Fantasy musicals like 'Rocky Horror Show' and 'Little Shop Of Horrors'; Christian musicals like 'Jesus Christ Superstar' and the Salvation Army musicals of John Gowans & John Larsson; popular classics like 'Grease' and 'Hairspray'; even some good stuff from other shows like 'Bye Bye Birdie' or 'A Slice Of Saturday Night'. Some great music here!

No comments: