11 December 2010

Falling Over ... Again

A little after I posted up the first of my contributions to my recent Christmas Carol article, someone rather unexpected happened.

I slipped over and fractured my ankle. An anticipated six weeks in plaster.

I don't know what is worse. The pain from the ankle; the lack of mobility that now slows me right down to a mere crawl; the realisation that I am now able to do so much less than I had originally planned this December. Anything I can do I will still do, but the list of possible jobs is greatly reduced. But I am still able to do something. I need to do something.

My mind still works, however the body struggles and fails to keep up.  I've had some recent experience of this following my little tumble in January 2009, recorded here . I may be down, but don't count me out yet.

Psalm 37:23-24 (New International Version, ©2010)
The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him;
though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

No comments: