28 March 2011

Dry Bones - still searching

I found myself at the Exploring Leadership day at the William Booth College yesterday. A good opportunity to take time out and try to listen for that still, small voice. Actually, there were loads of voices there, talking to one another, talking about prayer, about worship, about responding to God's call. But no still, small voice for me. No direct "it's you" experience, no blinding light. However, I keep looking and listening. I know there's something that I still need to find, because there's a prompting there that still won't go away.

Meetings were led by Lt Col Alan Burns, and he preached on Ezekiel, the well-known prophecy about the dry bones. I posted the relevant verses up on this blog earlier today. Can these dry bones come to life?

Something in what he said began to resonate inside me. Another little prompt for me to pray into, to consider. A still, small prompt. But something definitely there. And it all fits in with omnipotence; 'Nothing is impossible for God'!

More on Ezekiel I think, this week!

No comments: