16 April 2011

Disappointment

Perhaps I wear my heart on my sleeve too much, but it always hits me hard when friends fail to keep their promises. They vow to do things to help, but either forget or deliberately let you down. Or perhaps you work hard to do something, only to see others dismiss it completely or proceed to undo it? How frustrating!

How incredible then to read in my daily reading this morning that this is exactly how God feels when He sees His world!

Isaiah 5:1-7 is subtitled in some translations as "The Song of the Vineyard"; here God is depicted as the landowner, working hard to tidy the estate, put it in order and make it fruitful. However, when he comes to harvest the fruit, all isn't as it could be.

Today, God's disappointment with the state of his 'vineyard' became awfully real to me. It's made me quite thoughtful today, because He doesn't give up. Guess I'm ready for Holy Week now. And very grateful for the hope that Jesus gives me as I head towards Good Friday.

No comments: