9 May 2011

False Advertising


Heading home today after a pretty busy day in the office, I realised that the chances of having a proper evening meal were pretty low. It was to be the launch of our Men's Fellowship tonight, and we had planned to go ten pin bowling. I'd worked through lunch, and snatched a sandwich at my desk. By the time I would arrive home, I'd have less than a hour to change, freshen up and get the car out to drive to the venue. Hence I felt peckish on the way home...

Sheepishly I eyed up the baguettes at London Bridge station and succumbed to temptation. A Cheese and Tomato baguette. Imagine the shock then to be refused service! Sorry, they had no baguettes left. Puzzled, I pointed at the pile of food on the counter, but it was no good. These were dummies; replicas in the display to make it look full. They had in fact nothing much left to sell, and I went away disappointed.

I doubt whether my lack of sustenance will make a great difference in the Great Scheme of Things, but it does confirm to me yet again that things aren't always what they seems in this world of ours. Just because you see something that looks great right there in front of you, doesn't mean to say it's isn't just for show.

I did manage to snatch a quick sandwich when I got home, and had a burger while I was out. But the baguette would have been so much nicer... probably better for me, too!

At least the Men's Fellowship went well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are many things in life that are not as they seem.

Pleased the mens fellowship went well.

Every blessing
Lisa