12 June 2011

Making Resolutions

Philippians 3:13-14 (New International Version)
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Many people set themselves New Year resolutions. After an interesting set of experiences leading up to my own birthday I find myself needing to set myself a few resolutions for the next year.

In the last twelve months I have seen times of trial, times of frustration, times of challenge. I desperately seek some closure to some of the experiences in the past and eagerly seek some new insight into what is to come. I need to take what is the best in my life into the future, shedding what is unnecessary. What new experiences are in store for me?  What new lessons will I learn? I need to be ready! I need to acknowledge that God is in control and to embrace the growing pains that I have been experiencing lately. So here are a few resolutions that I set out today:

I resolve to continue to declutter: that for every new item that I bring into the house, I must dispose of two similar items by sale or gift.

I resolve to keep a fresh point of view: that I should be open to new experiences, and new blessings, keeping an open mind as to where the Lord is leading me.

I resolve to accept there are unlimited possibilities: Continued realisation that there is no limit to what God can do in my life; nothing is impossible with God. God opens doors that no man can shut and closes doors that no man can open. Just because of past experiences, it doesn't mean it always has to be like that
I resolve to accept the experiences I face: this is possibly the hardest lesson that I need to learn. God always has a purpose for what I experience, for every trial that I face, that my family faces. I need to continue to centre on Him and trust Him completely.  

No comments: