26 June 2011

A Weekend Of Extremes

What a weekend! From leaving work on Friday night up to Sunday night's preparations for work again, I'm reeling at a whole gamut of different emotions that I've experienced during a weekend that's been equally extreme.

Extremes of weather, from unimpressive cloud and rain to a scorching 30 degree heatwave. 

Extremes of emotion, from moments of deep frustration, concern and despair, to the staggering heights where deep feelings of belonging and love kept breaking through!

Extremes of time; there was so much to do that the normal weekend lie-in was scrapped. Another session of burning the candle at both ends!

Extremes of experience; there's been some quite disturbing issues on my mind all weekend (most relating to the emotional input); all on an awesome weekend where the Corps met up with a returning cadet, ready for his commissioning as an officer in a fortnight's time. Food, fun and fellowship, with all the other things going through my mind all the time!

These extremes have been randomly cycling through the weekend; I'm left emotionally drained and empty. I have this evening to patch myself together for work tomorrow. 

No comments: