20 December 2011

Expect the Unexpected!

Interesting phrase, eh? How can we ever predict what twists and turns life throws at us from time to time?

Take today. I'm writing this entry whilst sitting in my car waiting to be towed back home. My father-in-law, who is coming out to tow me home, should have been in hospital for admission today, but his stay was unexpectedly cancelled - but only after I had driven him to the hospital. By now I should be out helping my wife's Cub Scout pack, but I had to change my plans to pick up my father-in-law again from the hospital. My car then suddenly packed up, leaving everyone stranded, so he then had to make his way home to pick his car up, so he in turn could rescue me.

How ever could I have predicted that convaluted sequence of events? And it's not even 2pm. What else could happen today?

Watch this space.

2 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Curious to see what other eventful things planned by God happened. Blessings to all and that all turned out ok.

Colin Machan said...

The rest of the day worked itself out... With my father-in-law available, he was around to drive us to our carolling engagement that evening. The problem with the car? Something very minor, took my mechanic friend five minutes to trace and fix. But I was carless for two days, had some major reshuffling to do in order to complete some tasks.. Dealing with the frustration? Still working on this. However, God is good. It did all work out OK in the end. :)