19 February 2012

Not Alone

I blogged on Valentine's Day about God's persistent but loving pursuit of each and every one of us, determined to seek us out and bring us back into His fold. But what happens next?

Once we are his, He simply doesn't leave us on our own. He's in there with us, all the way. Helping us deal with our problems, picking us back up when we louse up, dusting us off and setting us back on our feet again.

I can testify to this. Even looking back over the past few years of this blog, I can see many instances of God's leading me through times of trial and uncertainty, the fear of the unknown. I still struggle, but know God hasn't finished working in my life yet.

The reason I've spent some time looking back was because it was our own young people who led the meetings at our Corps today. Including my own son. They did a great job! These youngsters have just started on their Christian path, and face the same issues that I face, but I know they are not alone. Because I'm not alone.

Praying for them all today.

 Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

1 comment:

Just Be Real said...

Thank you always for the encouraging words. Blessings to you and yours.


Jesus Calling