21 January 2013

Battling With To Do Lists

This was turning out to be the longest ever To Do list that I had ever written. It was daunting. It was so daunting that I simply couldn't believe it. And it was self-perpetuating. Every time I looked at one item, something else popped into my head and another line was added. I couldn't put the list down, it was growing and growing before my very eyes...

I groaned at the sheer immensity of the list. How could I ever get to the end of this?

A good friend of mine posted on Facebook that I should "take them one at a time. It will seem easier". I smiled at that - however, would I be able to cope?

I smiled, and added one item to the top of the list. A must for each and every day.

"Pray".


"Work, work from early till late. In fact, I have so much work to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer." - Martin Luther


"He does the most for God who is the highest skilled in prayer." – E.M. Bounds


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.






No comments: