11 February 2013

Preparing For Lent


John 3:19-21 (The Message)
"This is the crisis we're in: God-light streamed into the world, but men and women everywhere ran for the darkness. They went for the darkness because they were not really interested in pleasing God. Everyone who makes a practice of doing evil, addicted to denial and illusion, hates God-light and won't come near it, fearing a painful exposure. But anyone working and living in truth and reality welcomes God-light so the work can be seen for the God-work it is."


I sat there in the Prayer Meeting, waiting for God. In fact, yearning for God. Eagerly waiting to welcome that God-light into my life. I had come to the meetings today with a formidable list of petitions for my Lord; it had reduced over the course of the day to a mere solitary item. To seek, once again, God's will for my life. The light shone into me; and I got my answer. 

The light revealed to me that there was a practical task, well in reality an awesome challenge, in store for me for the Lent period.

But I'm not daunted. He knows me. He knows I can make it. I just need to keep in the light.

No comments: