9 February 2013

Sat In Your Lap


"Some say that knowledge is something sat in your lap. 
Some say that knowledge is something that you never have." 

Lyrics from "Sat In Your Lap" by Kate Bush - one of my favourite songs. There's a video of the song here. And I've had good reason to come back to this particular song this week. The past seven days has alternated between times when I feel I'm finally getting it - everything's going great - and suddenly it's back to square one, back to the drawing board. (sigh)

I've felt like a winner and a loser, all in the same week. And I don't seem to know how I feel - or should feel - from one day to another. People tell me I'm fine when I really don't feel fine. On those occasions when I start to feel fine, they take me aside to tell me I shouldn't be. Confused!

Today's been a good day to set a few things right again and I'm really pleased about tomorrow - it's a Prayer Evening at the Corps and that's a wonderful opportunity to set time aside to clarify the thoughts that are creeping around in my head about the next few months. There's a few possibilities I need to prayerfully consider. 

Prayer support is welcomed.

Incidentally, I've talked about Kate's songs before, and how they have influenced me in my life. There's an earlier post of mine here.

No comments: