13 January 2014

A Busy Day

It was just a few hours after I had arrived home after an extremely busy Sunday; it's noteworthy that it was Commitment Sunday. The day was full, rich, and eventful; packed with all sorts of interesting experiences. By bedtime I was physically and emotionally drained; exhausted. The thought of an even busier weekend next week hung heavy on my mind. And suddenly I read the following blog post, highlighted on my Twitter feed:


Suddenly it all started to make some sense and I saw some definite blessings emerge from reflecting on the events of the day. You see, it's been a bit of a revelation to me to discover the fact that I'm an introvert - but this fact has proved to be a vital key to understanding who I am and how I can best serve my Lord in the Church.

I rejoiced in some of the one-to-one conversations that I had yesterday. These were great. I was also successful not to get 'sucked in' to some of the extraverted 'huddles' that are so difficult for me.

I took pains to rest in the afternoon to recuperate before a busy evening. My son (also an introvert) was keen to give me this luxury and I'm grateful to him.

I also now realise that some of the anxiety and bitterness that I have been carrying around for a while have been caused by me not fully embracing who God made me to be - in many cases, it's been about trying to be somebody that I am not.

I am encouraged to know that God is keen to use me just as I am. I want to explore this more in 2014.

1 comment:

Colin Machan said...

404 error, PAGE NOT FOUND (sigh) try this link:

http://ronedmondson.com/2014/10/7-of-the-biggest-pitfalls-of-being-an-introvert-as-a-pastor.html