19 February 2014

Journey To The Centre...

I've been doing some preparation for the coming weekend, as I am responsible for leading this Sunday's worship at my Corps. The reading I have been doing for this week's theme has led me to reflect on 'finding your centre'.

The phrase is used a lot nowadays when talking about spirituality, usually in terms of where 'you' are and where 'you' want to be. Now I'm not talking about a physical place, but in terms of reconnecting yourself to a place of equilibrium deep inside yourself. A little place of calm, of certainty.

It's important that we all try and find our own centre. You'll need it when everything starts going crazy; when your world falls apart; when all around you are 'losing it'.

I understand that your 'centre' is that special place where you and God finally connect. It's where you find that inner strength in times of trial. Inner peace.

"Jesus, be the centre
Be my source, be my light
Jesus

Jesus, be the centre
Be my hope, be my song
Jesus

(Chorus)
Be the fire in my heart
Be the wind in these sails
Be the reason that I live
Jesus, Jesus"

(Michael Frye)

No comments: