11 March 2014

I Should Have Said...

I don't usually do 'snappy comebacks'. You know, just the right set of words for those 'spur of the moment' encounters with members of the public. I had one of those moments this past Friday. Couldn't think of what to say...

Finding 'le mot juste' at the drop of a hat is not particularly something that I am gifted in.

I love to choose my words carefully, relishing in the complexity of the English language. I wouldn't say I am an expert wordsmith, however I'm 'improving with practice'. I do have a knack for writing; jotting down what I need to say, embellishing it, changing the order of the words in the sentence, changing it again, proofing, and rewriting until I am happy with the finished product. This very blog entry took me two minutes to devise, but two whole days to get right before it was ready to post!

Oh well... perhaps next time...

No comments: