16 May 2014

Empty Handed

I was awake at well before 6am this morning, so I was quickly up and dressed and waiting for my breakfast.

I was away from home on business, so couldn't eat until the restaurant opened, so I took the time to walk in the grounds of the hotel, listening to the birdsong. I love the peace of the countryside and the stillness of the dawn, and so wanted the most of this experience.

At that time of the morning I was totally alone. Just me... and God. I felt myself relax, releasing all of my tensions, my burdens, till I was totally empty-handed before my Lord.

And the words suddenly came - straight from Stuart K Hine's terrific hymn...

"When through the woods and forest glades I wander
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees,
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze...

Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to thee...

How Great Thou Art."

It was terrific this morning. An unbeatable start to the day.

More, please. :)

No comments: