11 June 2014

The Wrong End Of The Stick

I am, when all is said and done, a seeker after truth. This does mean I tend to challenge things more often than most people. I tend not to take information on face value. I take time to check my facts.

I know quite a number of people who tend to believe everything they are told. I guess I understand that - you'd want to trust people; to believe people are being fair to you. Unfortunately, sometimes what you are told - is wrong. Sometimes people lead others astray deliberately - a spoof, a prank (Facebook seems to be full of these this week!). Alternatively, they may be simply relaying information without checking further...

However, it's staggering to see just how many people there are who quickly grab 'the wrong end of the stick' - hearing one small piece of information and leaping quickly to an erroneous conclusion. Assuming that something or other is going to happen, based on minimal facts - or even just on hearsay.

I think you've guessed. Something happened in my life recently that prompted this blog. It made me so angry.

Then I calmed down. I went away and checked my facts, just to make sure. And then took a week or so to write this down, choosing my words carefully.

John 7:24 (CEV)
Don’t judge by appearances. Judge by what is right.

No comments: