1 October 2014

More Questions Than Answers


"There are more questions than answers
Pictures in my mind that will not show
There are more questions than answers
And the more I find out the less I know
Yeah, the more I find out the less I know"
(song, written and recorded by Johnny Nash)

I've been mulling over some of these tricky questions over the last week. And it's so true - every answer seems to bring with it further questions! That final, ultimate answer never seems to be within my grasp, it's so elusive...

Add into the mix the fact that I'm been a little unwell during the week; it's clear that I've been overdoing things a little which is why my head's been everywhere and my emotions all over the place. Sadly I'm never a good patient so I must give my perfuse apologies to my family, too! But knocking me over for a while did give me time to take stock of my life and put things back into context.

I'm feeling a bit better now - mostly because I've taken a few hours off and reduced the number of commitments in my day - but partly because I've realised that I've been trying too hard to reach that elusive answer. The following quotations kind of sum this up - these was a couple of words of wisdom I stumbled across:

"Try to love and live the question itself. Don't search for the answer. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer." - Rainer Maria Rilke

"I don't pretend we have all the answers. But the questions are certainly worth thinking about..." - Arthur C. Clarke


What do you think?



No comments: