17 October 2014

Pruning and Reviewing

"Lord, I would place my hand in Thine,
Nor ever murmur nor repine;
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since ’tis my God that leadeth me."

(lyrics from 'He Leadeth Me' by Joseph H Gilmore)

I've had the privilege to sit back and take stock of my life lately. I've needed to carve out some time in my schedule, so I've had to savagely cut back on my commitments to enable me to do so, but I've now managed to 'ring-fence' off some precious 'me-time' to enable me to do so.

And I've asked myself - and my Lord - some pretty hard questions.

  • When I first set out on my Christian walk those many years ago, did I ever think it would work out quite like this?
  • And at that particular starting point, would I have ever had dreamt that I would do some of the exciting things that I have done?
  • Am I truly content with where I am at the moment? (see above)
  • Am I truly willing to allow more severe 'pruning' to allow me to grow further? Can I withstand the pain? 
  • How do I resolve the contradictions - a strong sense of wanting to take a particular path, yet the appearance of a solid brick wall preventing me from taking it (note: at the moment...)
  • So, what now?

This review is a work in progress.

No comments: