2 July 2015

Keeping Your Cool

The last few days in the UK have been a particular challenge. It's been so hot!

We don't tend to get such a long run of hot weather in this country, so tempers can get a little frayed. Nancy Molitor (assistant professor of clinical psychiatry and behavioural science at North-western University Feinberg School of Medicine) confirmed that hot and humid weather is known to be associated with increases in aggression and violence, as well as a lower general mood.

We all have trouble sleeping, battling dehydration and even problems travelling because of the heat. Is it any wonder people get a little snappy?

I know I do. So, if I have been ratty this week, I'm sorry. However, I know there have been others that have been as well. Perhaps a few things have been said that shouldn't have been.

Let's draw a line and move on.

Ephesians 4:32 (CEV)
Instead, be kind and merciful, and forgive others, just as God forgave you because of Christ.

No comments: