6 July 2015

The Light Dawns

I was acutely aware of the topic that I needed to blog about today. It was very clear in my mind.

Darkness and light.

One daily reading that hit my inbox today reminded me that “You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness” (Psalm 91:5-6). It assured me of my need for Jesus, the Light of the World (John 8:12).

All this I know.
But do I truly believe it? Live it out?

The pic was taken during Session 4 of the Boundless congress. Technical wizardry caused my wristband to glow.

But do I glow? Do I shine for Him?
Do I make a difference in a very dark world?

I certainly want to. I try very hard to. 

Commissioner Jane Paone's message on that day was encouraging us to shine. Not like a small candle, but like a streetlight. Bright and bold.

I am not sure I can do bold

I do what I can. And I am encouraged to do it as brightly as I can.

No comments: