26 April 2018

Why I Need To Do It Anyway...

Apologies, I need to stop and rant today. And to take time to listen to God's small voice (in bold type below) in reply...

I get fed up with people around me who seem to take delight in being unreasonable, irrational, and incredibly and annoyingly self-centred. Today I want to scream!
Forgive them anyway.

I strive to be kind, and yet they tell me that I need to stop, and in fact that I need to give up all these things and rest more. They accuse me of having selfish, ulterior motives for doing what I do. I can't think of anything more selfish that doing nothing...
Be kind anyway.

I take pains to do the best I can, however every day there seems to be someone who takes pleasure in criticising the things you do. It's so difficult to succeed. I seem to make more enemies than I do friends.
Succeed anyway.

I get awfully fed up with people who seem to take delight in criticising my willingness to serve, and when I start to argue they then try and pick holes in the things I do and my reasons for doing them.
Be honest and sincere anyway.

There are some people who (possibly for the best of reasons) have succeeded in dismantling some of the things that I've worked at for the last few years. All the time that I spent creating - and suddenly it's all swept away. Argh!
Create anyway.

I want to find peace and to be happy. Isn't that everyone's goal? However, it would appear that others don't want me to be happy and to find peace. Are they upset with me?
Be happy anyway.

Despite my best efforts in trying to do good, much of it seems to be swept under the carpet, quickly forgotten. Do good anyway.

I try and give the best I have, to be the best that I can be - and it seems never to be enough.
Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

(based on The Paradoxical Commandments by Dr. Kent M. Keith. And my earnest and heartfelt prayer today.)


No comments: